75 Riverview Road, Earlwood
A Substantial, Light-Filled Riverside Retreat
This beautiful and character-rich riverfront home has been lived in and loved by the same family since 1989. The house began its life as a corner shop in 1911, and in 1995 the current owners added a passive solar extension, including the addition of a tower to act as an exhaust and ensure the space remains a comfortable temperature all year round. The home sits on an expansive 543.8sqm corner position, facing both Riverview and Macquarie Roads with a vast outdoor setting and unobscured views from the primary living areas across the river and to Marrickville Golf Course. A superb setting with abundant natural light adds the final touch to this beautiful family home, located just minutes from buses, schools, and shops, with direct access through the garden gate to the Cooks River Foreshore path extending from Botany Bay to Homebush Bay.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, not to be missed.
- Future Development potential R3 zoning, Land size approximately 543.8 sqm
- Open plan dining and living opening onto the verandah through french doors
- Separate lounge room with sandstone fireplace, floor boards and library
- Bespoke open plan kitchen featuring a gas cook top and walk-in pantry
- Two bedrooms, the over-sized main with joint access to a walk-in robe
- Third bedroom, currently used as a study
- Tower room retreat with sweeping views - perfect for reading, a study or yoga
- North facing with louvred cedar shutters to control the interior temperature
- Concrete slab extension for thermal mass, multiple sustainable benefits
- External access storeroom, 2000L water tank
- Off-street parking for two cars, additional on-street parking for multiple cars
- Facing onto Marrickville Golf Course, a short walk away via a footbridge
- 20 minutes from Sydney Kingsford Smith, but not located under a flight path
- 30 minutes cycle to Brighton Le Sands, mostly via a dedicated bike path
Land size: 543.8sqm approx.
Council rates: $2924 per annum, approx.
Water rates: $920 per annum approx.
- Garage spaces: 2