In the event you have an emergency repair outside of our holiday opening hours, the following tradespeople will be available:

Lodge a repair
To lodge a repair with the Harris Tripp team, please click on our chat bot in the bottom right corner of this page. You will be prompted to include all relevant information, along with photos, to ensure your request can be processed as efficiently as possible.

Urgent repairs
Per the clauses outlined in your lease agreement

20. The landlord agrees to pay the tenant, within 14 days after receiving written notice from the tenant, any reasonable costs (not exceeding $1,000) that the tenant has incurred for making urgent repairs to the residential premises (of the type set out below) so long as:
20.1. The damage was not caused as a result of a breach of this agreement by the tenant, and
20.2. The tenant gives or makes a reasonable attempt to give the landlord notice of the damage, and
20.3. The tenant gives the landlord a reasonable opportunity to make the repairs, and
20.4. The tenant makes a reasonable attempt to have any appropriate tradesperson named in this agreement make the repairs, and
20.5. The repairs are carried out, where appropriate, by licensed or properly qualified persons, and
20.6. The tenant, as soon as possible, gives or tries to give the landlord written details of the repairs, including the cost and the receipts for anything the tenant pays for.

Note:The type of repairs that are “urgent repairs” are defined in the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 and are defined as follows:

(a) a burst water service,
(b) an appliance, fitting or fixture that uses water or is used to supply water that is broken or not functioning properly, so that a substantial amount of water is being wasted,
(c) a blocked or broken lavatory system,
(d) a serious roof leak,
(e) a gas leak,
(f) a dangerous electrical fault,
(g) flooding or serious flood damage,
(h) serious storm or fire damage,
(i) a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises,
(j) a failure or breakdown of any essential service on the residential premises for hot water, cooking, heating, cooling or laundering,
(k) any fault or damage that causes the premises to be unsafe or insecure.